Since I was young, I had always wanted to be a shoe designer and the moment I finished grade 12, I traveled to London and studied design there.
Whilst in London I found myself mentored by a well, respected journalist. During my studies, I was mentored by the head of the London College of Fashion Shoe Sector and when I founded my shoe label, I was lucky to have yet another amazing mentor who was a well known luxury PR specialists. the were in milan and gave me access to head designers from louis vuitton, personal meetings with the head of marketing at LVMH, the ceo of hugo boss watches, valentino, madonna, dianne von furstenberg and more
On return to Australia and taking on new ventures, I met an amazing mentor who had a life-time of experience creating disability and age care facilities. Longer into my return home and when I started to develop the concept of Little Tokyo Two, I was lucky enough to have a friend who has had extensive experience in managing a large hospitality group and was a very successful builder these are who helped me to start and create the vision which is LT2.
Having the opportunity to have so many amazing people come into my life and willinging support and mentor me has made me realise there is no better way to do business or go about life than with the advice, support and guidance of those around you. Having the opportunity to learn from the people you look up to and would like to somewhat be like is the most valuable thing you can ever receive.
The reality is, I would have saved so much time and money if I had only realised how willing people are to help if you simply ask.
- I built a badass flying dinosaur that is going to hang in my office.
I met Matt Holme from Bold which is a revolutionary platform for creatives to manage their backend with a simple click and focus on what they do best… design.
- I filmed three youtube clips about New Year’s ‘Revolutions’; motivation and creating ideas with the resources you have available.
- Three new people became part of Little Tokyo Two
- Three people pre-booked offices for Happy Panda Two
- I made a pitch for the state government to record all data of collaboration in QLD
These are the goals that I wish to achieve through the things that I dedicate my life doing.
- I want to create a digital space to that starts conversations. A space where people can openly discuss their issues, personal and business and where people from all different places can provide support and contribute to conversation
- To inspire and support those who are passionate and are ‘idea’s-people’ but don’t think they can do it
- Create a voice for the wider community, not only the industry I work in, for the people who truly just want to enjoy life and help other do the same.
- Help people follow their dreams and push parents to allow their children to choose their own life path. Life’s a journey that should be enjoyed, so let’s encourage people to choose their own path and be happy that they did.
I’ve truly learnt the importance of valuing the people that are around you; I would have to say I’m one of the luckiest people on Earth in terms of the people that I was brought up around.
My mother is such an amazing woman who worked extremely hard to create her own company in international health that is ranked as one of the top in the world and is one of the world’s leading experts in her a range of fields in her industry. She’s an inspiring woman who didn’t let anything get in her way, she knew what she wanted and created it.
My father has had a logistics company for over 40 years in Papua New Guinea and is also a minister. Much like my mother, he was driven and knew what he wanted and created what he has entirely by himself.
My Uncle who I’ve always been close to is the most traveled and well worldly experienced person I have ever met. Sitting with him and listening to his stories from every end of the world was not only entertaining but taught and gave me insight about the world that I honestly couldn’t attain anywhere else. The amount that I have learnt from the experiences he has shared with me, could outrule the heaviest of world and culture textbooks.
I’m fortunate to have two God Mother’s who I’ve been extremely close to my entire life and fortunate to have a lot of amazing female role models that I’ve known as my numerous ‘aunties’.
I was fortunate to have so many role models in my life from such a young age and as I’ve grown up and taken on my own adventures and traveled, I’ve always found mentors wherever I am.